Saturday, October 8, 2011

[Up]Date Night

For those interested in my love/date life, things are still happening. Date #2 happened last Friday. It was bowling at Don Carters. She was on the bowling team at Runnels, but hadn't bowled since (6 years). Though rusty, she still handily gave me the ass-whip. I won the contest for slowest and fastest thrown bowling ball though. Under 4 mph and over 16 mph.

The bowling lasted all of one hour, we then spent the next 9 hours talking. Talking! For 9 straight hours! Tommy don't even understand. We left when the fog started to roll in and rave bowling was about to bust out (strobe gives her headaches).

Leaving, we arranged another date for The 13th Gate the next night and food afterwards, but she had to call it off later. That left my Saturday night open for Real Steel and post-LSU game Taco Bell with Tommy.

Back to the girl, date #3 has just been arranged for Saturday. Officially, it's only the 3rd date, but, damn, does it seem like we're been doing this for longer than that. Must be the marathon date sessions. Assuming this goes well, I've got a great idea for a future date (date #4?) that should earn me major "Shine Gets". Details on that later.

So how's it going? Pretty good. Considering my usual [bad] luck, I'm kinda shocked at how easy its been going. I like her. I feel comfortable around her, or as much as one can feel comfortable on a date. I "click" more with her than any girl before. I'm pretty sure she digs me as well.

Oh and every movie I've happen to bring up so far she had seen. All the superhero movies (she's looking forward to the Avengers, but not Batman 3 so much, she loved Captain America). Conan. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (she didn't like it). The Rocketeer! Various Disney movies. Even The Hills Have Eyes. And The Wicker Man!

Next time we meet up, I'm gonna have to pop the big question: You some kind of nerd?!

Hell, she's seen Ghost Rider.......and she wants to see Ghost Rider II!!!! I own the collected edition of the Batman vs Predator comic, but even I got my limits!

P.S. The first Batman vs Predator comic was actually really good. DC/WB need to jump on that jeep and ride.

7 comments:

  1. Do we get a screen name yet? I mostly just want to know if I've already seen her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In due time, My Sean. Just waiting a little bit to see how things play out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are still going well. We took a little road trip yesterday. Then back to my place. We tried to watch Paul, but my PS2 deemed us too young to watch, refusing to play it due to set parental levels (couldn't figure out how to change it). So we watched Rango.

    She brought up watching Ghostbusters at the mall Rave this Thursday. That's a pretty big step. If all goes well, you'll get your username.

    ReplyDelete