Monday, October 3, 2011

Date Night....With The Stir-Man!

Who has two thumbs and had a date Saturday night? This Guy!

Just when I'm about to write off OKC as being a waste of what little time I already gave it, I gave it one last check and stumble upon someone with an interest in Game of Thrones. Read the book a long time ago, watched the HBO show, re-read the book, and then continued through the series to book 4 or 5.

So, what the hell, I send a Game of Thrones-related email. "Response Get!" We exchange a few more mails and I take the real first step, asking if she wanted to go out. She agrees, calling it a "date" herself. "Date Get!"

So we went out last night. Met up at Perkins Rowe for 6 and when to Kona Grill. We didn't leave Kona Grill till almost 11! She didn't finish her chicken salad. I didn't finish my turkey burger (which is a shame). We spent the entire time talking. Cuba (she's half cuban), our jobs, white people wearing Che shirts, photography, health, Disney, movies, family, etc. It seems kinda crazy to sit in a restaurant for that long, but Kona Grill never offered the check, nor hinted at needing us to leave, and neither her nor I made a play for the door.

We just kept talking. By the time we exited, Lion King 3D wasn't a possibility anymore. B&N was closing. So I walked her to her car. Gave her a hug, cause I gets mine! (also, I'm not a first date-kisser, sorry, ladies), and asked if I could give her a call. She responded in the positive.

Driving home, not 10 minutes later, I get a text. I figure it's from Tommy, who was at an asian wedding in New Orleans. Nope. It's her. She thanked me for dinner and said she had a great time. This caught me off guard as I'm not use to women openly being informative with their interest, much less right after the first date. I replied that I had a great time too and look forward to doing it again. She txt'd me back with a "Me too".

It was probably the best first-date I've ever been on and I was surprised by just how simple the affair was. Sitting at a table for 5 hours talking. She's cute, has a passion for her interests/job, educated, plus more! I waked into the date with zero expectations beyond a potentially interesting night and walked away......liking her.

I'll give her a call tomorrow in my break between classes and setup a second date for later in the week. She use to bowl, so I was thinking of that. I had other ideas of zoo, the 13th Gate, biking (she mountain bikes), but I think I'll save those for future dates should we move past the 2nd one. Outside of bowling, any ideas?

3 comments: